Letter — Why the need to pick on one guy?
May 26, 2003
I don’t get it. Mr. Mancuso asked for a permit to log on his personal property and has been given permission after I assume all the stringent requirements have been met. What his past criminal activity has to do with logging on his property is a mystery to me. This non-story has been hyped by the paper expressly for the purpose of selling papers. I can’t remember any other logging permit making the news.
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Guest column: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless grateful for community support (opinion)
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely