Letters to the editor for Aug. 20
August 20, 2008
This has been one of the hottest summers up here in a long time, and what irritates me is pet owners who can’t seem to understand that two minutes in a hot car is too much during the day.
I work at a grocery store in town, and daily I see people go grocery shopping while leaving their pets unattended in their hot cars. It’s cruelty ” they are suffering whether you choose to believe it or not. Today, my car temperature gauge inside said it was 105 outside, and someone had their dog inside their car with only 2 inches on either side of the windows rolled down.
What’s it going to take for people to realize this is not OK? Your pets deserve more. Leave them at home during the day while you run errands. Save a pet’s life!
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax