Letters to the editor for Aug. 20
August 20, 2008
This has been one of the hottest summers up here in a long time, and what irritates me is pet owners who can’t seem to understand that two minutes in a hot car is too much during the day.
I work at a grocery store in town, and daily I see people go grocery shopping while leaving their pets unattended in their hot cars. It’s cruelty ” they are suffering whether you choose to believe it or not. Today, my car temperature gauge inside said it was 105 outside, and someone had their dog inside their car with only 2 inches on either side of the windows rolled down.
What’s it going to take for people to realize this is not OK? Your pets deserve more. Leave them at home during the day while you run errands. Save a pet’s life!
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Disrupt or be disrupted — Lake Tahoe Community College is embracing change (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: Consider fees, not a ban, to fix VHR issues (opinion)
- Guest column: Progress made on workforce housing but more can be done (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive