Letters to the editor for Aug. 21, 2009 | TahoeDailyTribune.com

Letters to the editor for Aug. 21, 2009

We live in a vacation town, so we should/must cater to the tourists. However, every so often a problem may arise when it comes to vacation rentals. If a neighbor cannot resolve said problem, there are remedies. We have on the city payroll a community service officer, Bob Albertazzi, who can help solve noise, parking or overcrowding problems. His number is (530) 542-6136. If there are trash problems, you can call Bob or the Clean Tahoe Program at (530) 544-4210.

Of course at any time you can call South Lake Tahoe police at their non-emergency number, (530) 542-6100.

Jerry Goodman

South Lake Tahoe

I have two points.

1) It seems to me that Tahoe City has a lot more community events, free music in the park, farmers market, etc., going on. South Lake Tahoe needs that. The casinos aren’t doing that well at providing cheap and family-friendly entertaintment.

Recommended Stories For You

2) Just an idea: Has anyone looked into the possibility of making the Horizon Casino a convention center?

Frank Bishop