Letters to the editor for Aug. 21, 2009
August 22, 2009
We live in a vacation town, so we should/must cater to the tourists. However, every so often a problem may arise when it comes to vacation rentals. If a neighbor cannot resolve said problem, there are remedies. We have on the city payroll a community service officer, Bob Albertazzi, who can help solve noise, parking or overcrowding problems. His number is (530) 542-6136. If there are trash problems, you can call Bob or the Clean Tahoe Program at (530) 544-4210.
Of course at any time you can call South Lake Tahoe police at their non-emergency number, (530) 542-6100.
South Lake Tahoe
I have two points.
1) It seems to me that Tahoe City has a lot more community events, free music in the park, farmers market, etc., going on. South Lake Tahoe needs that. The casinos aren’t doing that well at providing cheap and family-friendly entertaintment.
Recommended Stories For You
2) Just an idea: Has anyone looked into the possibility of making the Horizon Casino a convention center?
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Progress made on workforce housing but more can be done (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Consider fees, not a ban, to fix VHR issues (opinion)
- Letter: Jessica Morse the right choice for Congress (opinion)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)