Letters to the editor for Aug. 21, 2009
August 22, 2009
We live in a vacation town, so we should/must cater to the tourists. However, every so often a problem may arise when it comes to vacation rentals. If a neighbor cannot resolve said problem, there are remedies. We have on the city payroll a community service officer, Bob Albertazzi, who can help solve noise, parking or overcrowding problems. His number is (530) 542-6136. If there are trash problems, you can call Bob or the Clean Tahoe Program at (530) 544-4210.
Of course at any time you can call South Lake Tahoe police at their non-emergency number, (530) 542-6100.
South Lake Tahoe
I have two points.
1) It seems to me that Tahoe City has a lot more community events, free music in the park, farmers market, etc., going on. South Lake Tahoe needs that. The casinos aren’t doing that well at providing cheap and family-friendly entertaintment.
Recommended Stories For You
2) Just an idea: Has anyone looked into the possibility of making the Horizon Casino a convention center?
Trending In: Opinion
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm warning, flood watch take effect Wednesday