Letters to the editor for Aug. 26
August 26, 2009
I would like to comment on the fine job the road construction workers did repairing Highway 50.
When I first noticed them preparing the road for resurfacing, I thought it was gong to be a long haul with all the traffic. Well, after the prep work was finished, it seemed like magically the road was finished in stages overnight. I experienced very little inconvenience, if any at all.
Thank you for the courtesy of the night work. You made our driving a lot less stressful.
South Lake Tahoe
Recommended Stories For You
but Afghanistan to rest
in its bone yard,
the place where
Greeks, Romans, Persians,
Brits and Russians did trespass,
and with their blood
watered the land.
Their donations were accepted
Blind to what’s written
we succumb to
our own damnation
where poppies grow
who perished there.
We’re off to Afghanistan
where the gods jest,
play a comedy,
who have assumed divinity
in a senseless show
of might against might.
In Afghanistan the ghosts of empires past cannot rest
in the bone yard
where it is always midnight.
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Guest column: Disrupt or be disrupted — Lake Tahoe Community College is embracing change (opinion)
- Letter: Consider fees, not a ban, to fix VHR issues (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Guest column: Progress made on workforce housing but more can be done (opinion)
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive