Letter: South Lake Tahoe lucky to have law enforcement that cares about wildlife (opinion)
October 26, 2017
I would like to extend a sincere and heartfelt thank you to the South Lake Tahoe Police Department! As a BEAR League Responder, after we received a call from EDC Animal Control about a bear stuck in a dumpster at a local business, I arrived to find three SLTPD officers already on scene with the situation well under control.
As is their first and foremost priority they made sure that public safety was achieved by keeping folks at a safe distance. Secondly, their genuine concern for the well being and safety of the bear was quite evident by the cool and calm manner with which they came up with a brilliant plan to free the bear from being stuck in the smaller trap door within a larger dumpster lid.
They than executed that plan and the bear was free, safe and on his way. I think we as a community are truly lucky to have not only the South Lake Tahoe Police Department, but also the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office both looking after the protection and safety of not only out human citizenry, but of our wildlife population as well!
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe