Not a well country
December 18, 2017
America is sick. Consider the symptoms: we have as president a man not elected by the popular vote but rather, appointed by the electoral college, an anachronistic institution that should have gone the way of the horse and buggy! We have, posing as leader of the free world, a narcissistic buffoon who thinks that everything that comes out of his mouth is true, or soon will be; a man who has difficulty verbalizing more than five words in a row to form a legitimate sentence; a man willing to make unfulfillable promises as long as it gives him a temporary advantage; a man quick to condemn political foes for alleged unsavory behavior of which he himself is suspect. And is this not just the tip of the iceberg?
This president is an embarrassment to the United States worldwide and an insult to the legacies of George Washington, (Father of Our Country), Abraham Lincoln, (Savior of the Union) and Franklin Roosevelt, (Savior of the entire world).
America truly is sick. One may only hope that "Dr." Mueller is now formulating a prescription that will provide a cure before it's too late.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Disrupt or be disrupted — Lake Tahoe Community College is embracing change (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Guest column: Progress made on workforce housing but more can be done (opinion)
- Letter: Consider fees, not a ban, to fix VHR issues (opinion)
- DA: Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director pleads guilty to embezzlement (updated)
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County conducts online survey on vacation home rentals
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations