Letter: Pence appearance at NRA convention a bad move (opinion)
May 15, 2018
It is remarkable that the vice president would choose to send a strong message of support for a powerful and controversial lobby organization by speaking at the NRA convention in Dallas.
As a firearm owner, I am shocked at his disrespect for the countless American families that have been affected by gun violence. The vice president is sending the message that campaign contributions matter more than American lives, and that too many politicians are still in the pocket of the NRA. I urge my elected officials speak out against Mr. Pence's callous choice to speak at the NRA convention.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: Ideas for addressing traffic, overcrowding at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: Traffic apps add to traffic woes (opinion)
- Tahoe Holocaust survivor: Trump administration actions starting to resemble Hitler’s Germany (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend