Publisher’s Perspective: End of summer deserves the best of Tahoe (opinion)
September 1, 2018
As Labor Day weekend descends upon us, it is traditionally earmarked as the end of summer. I'm sure many of you are thinking where the heck summer went, and many of you (myself included) are glad school is back in. Regardless of how you approach the holiday, it never hurts to have one last hurrah while the weather settles into perfection.
That being said, if I rewind closer to the beginning of the summer, we honored some pretty great businesses in various categories in our Best of Tahoe contest. If you're looking to give summer the proper send off, it may be worth checking out some of these businesses that were voted at the top of their game by both visitors and locals alike.
Everybody has got to eat, so if you're looking to hit up the best overall restaurant, the Chart House was the top vote getter. If you're feeling a little romantic, Café Fiore is the joint. If you're looking to dine with a view, head on down to Edgewood for a meal right on the Lake. Or if you want to try something new, the best new restaurant getting the most votes was Lake Tahoe AleWorX, who also opened up a second location in Stateline so no matter where you're at in South Shore, they have you covered.
If shopping is your jam, the best clothing store top vote getter was Sidestreet Boutique (they also won for customer service). Hop in and let Barbara take care of you – she'll find something you can't live without. If you are looking for more shopping after that, a short stroll across the street to the Shops at Heavenly Village is the cure – winners of the best shopping center.
Are you one who wants to get out and enjoy recreation? Best family entertainment spot voted was Bijou Bike Park. There's definitely something there for everyone. If you need equipment before hitting up the park, Sports LTD was number one for sporting goods.
If you need to get out on the Lake one last time, The Safari Rose was honored as the best boat cruise. Cocktails afterward? The Beacon Bar and Grill is the place for libations. Where do you cap off the night? The Loft Tahoe garnered the best night scene.
Recommended Stories For You
Whatever your preference is, there's something for you: Art – Wyland Galleries, Casino – Lakeside Inn, Day Spa – Biospirit, Tattoo Studio – Needle Peak, Real Estate Brokerage – Keller Properties. The list goes on and on.
For more winners, you can always check out tahoedailytribune.com and hit the Best of Tahoe box on the home page. Until your next adventure, have a safe and happy Labor Day – don't work too hard.
Publisher Rob Galloway can be reached at email@example.com or 530-542-8046.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors