Publisher’s Perspective: Tahoe Daily Tribune launching new football contest
September 7, 2018
For those of you who love NFL football, or even those who would love the chance to travel to Hawaii, the Tribune has launched an NFL pro pick 'em contest that may allow you to do both.
The pick 'em contest is simple. Sign up and pick the outright winner for each week's NFL games (no point spread), and if at the end of the season you hold the most wins, you win the grand prize of a trip for two to the lovely Aloha State.
Granted, that's not going to be easy, but fear not. There are weekly prizes, both nationally and locally. Lake Tahoe AleWorX has sponsored the season-long contest and will be offering up great prizes each week.
Their Stateline location also is offering up game day specials any time football is on TV, which makes it a go-to place to watch the pigskin fly.
The contest is free to sign up and we'll even have local VIP pickers who you can measure your picks against. Bragging rights should be in full effect so if you see one of them on the street, be loud and proud about your victory.
Users also have the ability to create groups so that you can measure up your inner circle of friends. Or, if you're super-competitive like my family, get the whole family involved to see who reigns supreme each week.
Recommended Stories For You
Maybe the loser has the do the dishes every day that week — that's actually not a bad idea.
For information and to sign up for the contest, click here.
The air is getting crisp, which means it's time for football. Come have some fun with us this year and play along.
Publisher Rob Galloway can be reached at email@example.com or 530-542-8046.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: Ideas for addressing traffic, overcrowding at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: Traffic apps add to traffic woes (opinion)
- Tahoe Holocaust survivor: Trump administration actions starting to resemble Hitler’s Germany (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend