Letter: Seeking family members of former mill workers
November 16, 2017
Our company is currently working with the Tahoe National Forest on a research project about the old Lewis Mill (also known as the Lewis Brothers' Mill or Lewis and Peck Mill) located south of Loyalton along Smithneck Creek. The mill began operations in 1886 and ran into the early 1900s.
We would be interested in talking to anyone who had a family member who worked at the mill and are particularly interested in finding photos of the operation that we could reproduced for use in a technical report, a public document, and on a roadside sign. If you have photos or information about the mill, please contact me at SharonW@farwestern.comor 530-304-4110.
Far Western Anthropological Research Group
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Election impacts on Lake Tahoe real estate
- What’s new for the 2018-19 ski season at Lake Tahoe’s downhill resorts
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region