Setting the record straight
September 3, 2018
I ran for El Dorado County supervisor as I thought I was the best candidate, with the best qualifications, that could solve the issues we face. After the race for supervisor concluded with the top two advancing to November, I have bowed out of the public eye to focus on my business.
I am hearing recently that I have endorsed a candidate for the November election. I declare I have not endorsed anyone. There are concerns with each of the remaining candidates. That was my whole motivation for running; to give voters a real choice.
I am hopeful the next four years will see change and prosperity for the South Shore. There has been a lot of dysfunction and we need to turn this ship around. It is up to you, the voter, to hold your elected officials to task and ensure they are leading this community without prejudice or self-interest.
That takes a special balance of passion, skill, knowledge and diplomacy.
In November, my vote will be my personal vote, based on my knowledge and research of the candidates and the issues. It will not be an easy choice, nor one I take lightly. Our future depends on it.
I hope each person does that for themselves. But remember to vote as it is your voice that counts.
Recommended Stories For You
Jeffrey L. Spencer
Christmas Valley, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Introducing The 1974 — Lake Tahoe Community College’s new student newspaper
- Letter: It’s time for South Lake Tahoe’s newly elected leaders to lead (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: How is Whole Foods project economically beneficial to South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: Election recap on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Seasonal overnight shelter, the Warm Room, to open in South Lake Tahoe for 2018-19 season
- Chance of rain, snow at Lake Tahoe this week
- South Lake Tahoe clerk: No recount request for Measure T