Letter: STMS Club Live thanks the community (opinion)
September 12, 2018
Twenty- five years ago a group of local concerned adults met as part of the Tahoe Prevention Network. These adults were committed to bringing the new middle school alternative activities program Club Live to South Tahoe Middle School.
Their efforts were successful, and this past June, STMS Club Live celebrated 25 years young.
During the past 25 years, hundreds of STMS students have participated in the many healthy lifestyles activities that the club offers. The club has provided opportunities in leadership, community service, club events, school trainings, recreational activities and trips. These activities have helped youth feel connected with school during a very important period of their lives — the middle school years.
On June 5, the club celebrated its 25-year history during the annual awards night. During the event current and former members, leaders, advisors, volunteers, county and community staff, and school administration were recognized.
In addition the club was presented with California legislative proclamations from State Sen. Frank Bigelow of the 5th district, and Assemblyman Ted Gaines of the 1st district on behalf of the Friday Night Live state director Dr. Jim Kooler.
STMS Club Live would like to thank everyone that has helped to make the club a success.
Recommended Stories For You
Larry C. Lambdin
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Kid friendly restaurants (so you can actually enjoy your meal)
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors