Kudos: Successful Christmas Cheer toy event
November 20, 2017
We recently had our annual Community Toy Event for Christmas Cheer. We collected toys, non-perishable food items and cash. We want to thank everyone who donated to our cause and if we overlooked you in this sincere heartfelt thank you, we apologize. We were very pleased with the community support and the support of the folks who joined us that day.
The sponsor and host for the day was the American Legion Post 795 and the Ladies Auxiliary of South Lake Tahoe, California.
The generous cash donations came from Northern Nevada Confederation of Clubs, Kiwanis of South Lake Tahoe, Kenny Curtzwiler and family, South Tahoe Association of Realtors and local families.
Raffle sponsors: Harrah's and Harvey's, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, MontBleu Resort and Casino, Cosmic Creations Tattoos, Ski Run Boat Company, Trapped in Tahoe, Anderson Bike Rentals, Tattoo's by Christine, Scuza's, Isabella's, Azul Latin Kitchen, Mel Sprinkle – The Piercer, Lilly's Tire, South Shore Bikes, Lake Tahoe Yoga, CC's Pirate Store, In and Out Burger, Napa Auto Parts, Big Daddy's, Izzy's Burger Spa, Tep's Villa Roma, Margaritas, Ian Powers – Tattoo Artist, California Burgers, Base Camp Pizza, Lake Tahoe Pizza, Hunan Gardens, Sonny's BBQ, Knitting Nest, Yellow Submarine, Audible's, Brother's Bar and Grill, Aloha Ice Cream, The Cantina, Raley's, Safeway, Starbucks, Chevron, and Rite Aid.
Thank you to everyone that donated, collected raffle prizes, the band and all who helped out at the event.
JoAnn Shopp & Christmas Cheer
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: Ideas for addressing traffic, overcrowding at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Ski Bum column: County needs to get behind electronic closure plan (opinion)
- Letter: Traffic apps add to traffic woes (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend