Kudos: Successful fundraiser for Sierra Tahoe Chapter of Association of peri-Operating Registered Nurses (opinion)
November 23, 2017
My name is Marilyn Willis and I have lived in Alpine Meadows since 1989. I am a member of the Sierra Tahoe Chapter of The Association of peri-Operating Registered Nurses. On Oct. 10 we had a fundraiser for nursing student scholarships at the Edgewood Tahoe Golf Club in South Shore.
Our chapter consists of operating room nurses from Tahoe Forest Hospital, Truckee Surgery Center, Incline Village Hospital and Barton Hospital. We would like to recognize and formally thank the following businesses for their generous donations:
Double Diamond Jewelry at Squaw Creek Resort, Keoki Flagg Art Gallery at The Village at Squaw, Tahoe City Kayak and Paddleboard in Tahoe City, Uncorked at The Village at Squaw, PlumpJack restaurant at Squaw Valley, PlumpJack Sports at The Village at Squaw, The Villager Nursery in Truckee, Fat Cat Bar and Grill in Tahoe City, The Sports Hub in Truckee, and El Toro Bravo in Truckee.
The fundraiser event was a great success due to the generosity of these donors. The funds will go toward one or more educational scholarships to benefit local nurses. Our members strive to educate our local community of the importance of well-educated nurses, primarily in the operating room setting. However, our scholarship will not limit a nursing student to only the operating room field, but any of the exciting areas nursing provides.
Recommended Stories For You
Board member, Sierra Tahoe Chapter of Association of peri-Operating Registered Nurses
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Guest column: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless grateful for community support (opinion)
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe