Kudos: Thank you for book drive efforts (opinion)
February 21, 2019
To the South Lake Tahoe Community:
On behalf of the South Lake Tahoe Library I would like to thank those who donated books for the Colusa County Farm Bureau's (CCFB) book drive. The CCFB collected children's books for families and classrooms that lost so much in the Camp Fire.
Thank you to local community member Deborah John and her son, author Jory John, for spearheading the collection of books here in South Lake Tahoe, and organizing the shipment of those items to the CCFB.
Thank you also to the local Soroptimists who provided the drive with a generous push in the final hours. It was heartwarming to see so many adults and children reach out to give the gift of reading to those affected by the Camp Fire.
Recommended Stories For You
Branch manager, South Lake Tahoe Library
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Fire protection is an existential issue (opinion)
- Tahoe Ski Bum column: Do we have too many visitors in town? (opinion)
- Thoughts on TRPA’s reversal on Cave Rock Cove pier
- Guest column: Sunshine your fundamental right (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: Time to rethink Lake Tahoe’s tourism model (opinion)
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached
- Mountain Housing Council releases report on short-term rentals in North Lake Tahoe, Truckee
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results