Kudos: Thank you, trail angels (opinion)
December 14, 2017
A big thank you to all of South Lake Tahoe's trail angels, both official and unofficial (those who simply saw hikers standing by the road and gave them a ride), for your transportation and/or hosting of Pacific Crest Trail hikers this 2017 hiking season.
South Lake Tahoe has become known as a hiker-friendly town, and it is because of your generosity that the city has gained its reputation. Hundreds of hikers from all over the world passed through SLT this season on their journey from the Mexican/U.S. border to their goal, the Canadian border, 2,658.9 miles north.
Thank you also to Base Camp Pizza for your generosity to hikers and to the Mellow Mountain Hostel for your friendliness in giving PCT hikers a home away from home.
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Guest column: Disrupt or be disrupted — Lake Tahoe Community College is embracing change (opinion)
- Letter: Consider fees, not a ban, to fix VHR issues (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Guest column: Progress made on workforce housing but more can be done (opinion)
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive