Kudos: Thank you, trail angels (opinion)
December 14, 2017
A big thank you to all of South Lake Tahoe's trail angels, both official and unofficial (those who simply saw hikers standing by the road and gave them a ride), for your transportation and/or hosting of Pacific Crest Trail hikers this 2017 hiking season.
South Lake Tahoe has become known as a hiker-friendly town, and it is because of your generosity that the city has gained its reputation. Hundreds of hikers from all over the world passed through SLT this season on their journey from the Mexican/U.S. border to their goal, the Canadian border, 2,658.9 miles north.
Thank you also to Base Camp Pizza for your generosity to hikers and to the Mellow Mountain Hostel for your friendliness in giving PCT hikers a home away from home.
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Crews find body of missing skier at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- Presidential visits to Lake Tahoe
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements dropped on some area highways (updated)