Thanks for supporting my show
October 23, 2017
I would just like to say thank you to South Lake Tahoe. My public TV show hit its 12-year anniversary for public TV channel 192 and five-year anniversary for my web shows (Nevada Trails – WHAT on YouTube).
My show WHAT was created after a traumatic brain injury. Every part of my body was either sprained or broken. When I was awake I wanted just one hour of something on TV. Sadly all I had was my Chicago Cubs. Then they went on strike. I was so mad I sent a letter to the president of the United States.
Fate stepped in as I was sent to brain injury rehab. One of the tasks was to make a video. We did "surviving traumatic brain injury." We sent it out to brain injury places all over the country.
I usually have about four good hours a day to work. With help of many locals WHAT is both educational and entertaining. I love living at South Lake Tahoe. So thank you for supporting my WHAT show. WHAT actually means passion to me. If you are passionate about something I figure the viewer will respect that passion.
Michael J. Smith
Recommended Stories For You
Producer/host of WHAT
Trending In: Opinion
- Election update: Measure T still passing in South Lake Tahoe but margin shrinks
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Thousands of ballots yet to be counted in El Dorado County
- Unofficial results: South Lake Tahoe voters say ‘yes’ to Measure T