Letter: Thanks to Ricky Reich and Lisa Maloff (opinion)
January 14, 2019
As the director of the El Dorado Community Foundation I am graced with a perspective, which is knowing the very best of people.
In a moment where we question what we are becoming, with some trepidation, I find myself blessed to always have a reason to focus on the very best of what we are and in pondering that my thoughts turn to Lake Tahoe.
A place of natural beauty in abundance. A place where your children are growing up, a place to call home.
A place of community.
Community binds us, it protects us, enriches us, enlightens us, and challenges us. The great community commons holds all these together, our hopes, aspirations and our dreams. Standing there with you on that commons are two people who defy what is impossible and with a single heartfelt action of kindness and generosity make so many things possible.
Ricky Reich and Lisa Maloff.
Recommended Stories For You
I have had the pleasure of meeting them only once, and that was very brief. However, I do not need to know them personally to appreciate the impact they make and to stand in awe at the extent of their giving.
I am aware that Lisa likes pink, and that Ricky knows how to wear a Stetson. I am equally aware of how they both have graced the community in embracing a truth, that by giving we are enriched beyond measure.
To you, Mr. Reich and Ms. Maloff, my deep esteem — you have changed lives. People you will most likely never meet, or ever know, have been touched and made better because of you.
You have provided the common ground without judgement, creating a place at the table of life for as many as you can. For me to say that you are living your legacy is an understatement, you are the legacy.
Long health and happiness to you both,
And one more thing … thank you.
Executive director, El Dorado Community Foundation
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Thanks to Ricky Reich and Lisa Maloff (opinion)
- Guest column: No Globe Alliance provides SnowGlobe info for locals (opinion)
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe City Council must honor voters’ will on Measure T (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: Lots of unknowns heading into 2019 on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region