Kudos: Very special celebration of life for Ronson Sakioka (opinion)
May 4, 2018
On behalf of the family and friends of Ronson Sakioka, I would like to thank Heavenly Mountain Resort for hosting Ronson's celebration of life. It truly was a celebration at one of Ronson's most beloved places — the California Lodge.
Although Heavenly is part of a larger corporation, the resort cares about and is part of our local community. The final ski run of the day in memory of Ronson was awesome. The rain was coming down but that did not deter the Face Rats. They are an extraordinary bunch.
A special thank you also to Kenny Curtzwiler of K&K Services and Mark Gandt of Sports Ltd. for organizing this one-of-a-kind event for a one-of-kind guy.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: Ideas for addressing traffic, overcrowding at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: Traffic apps add to traffic woes (opinion)
- Tahoe Holocaust survivor: Trump administration actions starting to resemble Hitler’s Germany (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend