Raley’s Reach offers $7,500 in grants
Raley’s is partnering with Campbell’s Labels for Education to provide $7,500 in grants to local schools through the Raley’s Reach program. Through customer nomination and voting, five $1,500 grants will be awarded to schools to benefit music education programs.
Through Oct. 8, parents, PTAs, booster clubs and community members are invited to nominate a regional school to receive a $1,500 grant at http://www.raleys.com. Beginning Oct. 12, it’s in the hands of the online community to log on and cast their vote for the school that they’d like to see benefit from these funds.
Grants will be considered in five regions defined by geographically located groups of counties:
– Nevada: Northern region, including Carson City, Churchill, Douglas, Elko, Humboldt (Nev.) and Washoe counties
– California: Northern/foothill region, including Butte, Shasta, Siskiyou, Nevada, Sutter and Tehama counties
– California: Greater Sacramento region, including Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Solano and Yolo counties
– California: Central Valley Region, including Madera, Merced, San Joaquin and Stanislaus counties
– California: Greater Bay region, including Alameda, Contra Costa, Mendocino, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz and Sonoma counties
The top school in each region with the most votes will receive $1,500 to put towards music education. As an added bonus, the school that receives the most votes overall will also receive a $500 Raley’s gift card to celebrate.
The Raley’s Reach program was first launched in May of 2010 in honor of Raley’s 75th anniversary. The back to school edition of Raley’s Reach will continue through Oct. 8 on http://www.raleys.com/reach, with daily voting opening on Oct. 12. Winners will be announced in November.