Yosemite National Park open but services are curtailed
January 21, 2018
Spokesman Scott Gediman says the park that boasts the famous granite cliffs of Half Dome and El Capitan can’t pay all of its people so rangers are being furloughed.
The visitors center is closed, along with some restrooms because there’s nobody to clean them. Campground visitors with reservations may find someone else in their spot because nobody will be checking.
Some medical staff remain on the job and Gediman says privately operated concessions such as stores, hotels and restaurants are open.
Trending In: Regional
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend