Register students for 2010-11 school year
July 14, 2010
Children entering kindergarten in the Lake Tahoe Unified School District in August must be registered at the family’s local school. Boundaries are available for viewing at http://www.ltusd.org, or a map is available at the Education Center at 1021 Al Tahoe Blvd.
To be eligible for enrollment, a child must be 5 years old on or before Dec. 2, 2010.
California law provides that parents or guardians supply:
– The child’s birth certificate.
– Proof of immunization to include the Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B and the last booster shot for most children.
– A health examination upon entry to school. Schedule with the family doctor or the Health Department at (530) 573-3155.
Recommended Stories For You
– Proof of California residency.
Please call the local school for an appointment to register.
– Bijou Community School, (530) 543-2337, staff available on Aug. 16.
– Sierra House Elementary, (530) 543-2327, staff available Aug. 9
– Tahoe Valley Elementary, (530) 543-2350, staff available Aug. 9
– Environmental Science Magnet, (530) 543-2371, staff available Aug. 9
South Tahoe Middle School will be available for registration calls after Aug. 2. Call (530) 541-6404 for information.
South Tahoe High School will be available for registration calls after Aug. 2. Freshman and new student orientation will be Aug. 26 at 10:30 a.m. Call (530) 543-2255 for information.