Residential burn permits required May 1 |

Residential burn permits required May 1

Brice Bennett
Special to the Tribune

Residential burn permits will be required beginning May 1. These permits are issued to the public free-of-charge, are valid for three years from the date of issuance and allows for the burning of dry vegetation, (not household trash) that originates on the landowners property. Pick up a residential burn permit at most local staffed fire stations. For tips on residential landscape debris burning safety or other fire and life safety topics, visit

For information in El Dorado County, call 530-621-5897. For alternatives to burning piles, visit