Residential house fire contained in South Lake Tahoe | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Residential house fire contained in South Lake Tahoe

A house fire on Tuesday was quickly contained before it could spread. Provided

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — A residential house fire Tuesday afternoon in South Lake Tahoe was quickly extinguished before it could spread through the neighborhood.

A house fire on Tuesday started in the chimney of a house. Provided

South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue received a report of a chimney fire at about 1 p.m. on Lost Sheep Lane. SLTFR, along with assistance from Lake Valley Fire, CalTahoe EMS Paramedics and South Lake Tahoe Police, handled the blaze before it could extend to other homes or vegetation in the area, said a press release.

The fire started in the chimney and pushed heavy smoke into the air.



The homeowner safely escaped the house without injuries.

The homeowner is displaced and will be staying with family, the release said.




Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


Crime & Fire