School district lays off classified employees
June 25, 2010
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. – The Lake Tahoe Unified School district approved a reduction in support staff at its meeting Tuesday.
• Three part-time elementary office assistants at Bijou Community School, Tahoe Valley Elementary School and Sierra House Elementary School.
• One attendance technician at South Tahoe High School as of Jan. 30, 2011.
• One half-time pupil services clerk at South Tahoe Middle School as of Nov. 30.
• One half-time Instructional aide at STMS.
Recommended Stories For You
• One full-time administrative assistant at the education center.
“Anytime you make cuts to either personnell or programs for kids, it’s heart-wrenching for school districts to have to suffer through the times we are in and make those kinds of decisions, and it’s never easy for anyone,” said district human resources director Jim Watson.