Second floor of home charred in fire | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Second floor of home charred in fire

Mandy Feder
mfeder@tahoedailytribune.com

Flames shot out sideways about 20 feet through a second-story window at 1046 Marjorie St. in South Lake Tahoe on Sunday night.

According to South Lake Tahoe Fire Department (SLTFD) Shift Commander Kenin Fairley, the electrical fire was called in at about 7:40 p.m.

Nearly 30 emergency personnel responded to the blaze, knocking the flames down within about 10 minutes with approximately 900 gallons of water.

The owners were home in the downstairs and exited the house uninjured. The upstairs renter was not home at the time of the incident.

The downstairs of the older home was not damaged, but the upstairs sustained major damage.

Tahoe-Douglas and Lake Valley Fire personnel provided mutual aid at the scene. Tahoe-Douglas also provided both a back-up engine and an ambulance to the City of South Lake Tahoe during the incident. Crews were on scene at the fire until about midnight.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User