Small blazes keep firefighters busy | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Small blazes keep firefighters busy

Two small fires sent a scare through some residents Monday night and Tuesday morning.

A fireplace missing its dead ember trap door sparked a small grass fire behind a chimney at 2286 Colorado Drive. The blaze ignited Monday at 9:30 p.m. A neighbor and owner put out the fire with a garden hose.

“We investigated, found out what it was and gave the tenant ideas to fix it,” said South Lake Tahoe Fire Department Battalion Chief Scott Douglass. “It’s that time of year, people are starting to fire up their fireplaces. It’s a good idea to get your chimney cleaned and the whole fireplace thoroughly inspected.”



The second fire call came at 10:41a.m. on Tuesday at 3421 Spruce Ave. It turned out to be a malfunctioning wall heater.

“Somebody did some work on the heater servicing it and incorrectly installed some wiring onto the burner assembly,” Douglass said. “When the unit ignited it burned wiring and caused some shorting.”


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User