Smoke drives residents out | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Smoke drives residents out

The smell of burning white plastic Saturday morning woke up four people living in a studio cabin on lower Kingsbury Grade.

Residents of the Faris Court studio called the Tahoe-Douglas Fire Protection District at 6 a.m. to report the fire.

The blaze was contained to the bathroom where a white plastic shelf somehow ignited. Damage to the studio was estimated at $3,000.



“We were unable to determine the exact cause of the fire,” said Battalion Chief Ken Poohachoff. “We tried to identify the heat sources in that area, we don’t know for sure, but weren’t able to rule out a candle or hair dryer as the possible cause.”

The burning plastic shelves spread fire to the wall and bathroom vanity, Poohachoff said. Tahoe-Doulgas firefighters extinguished the fire quickly and cleared the scene within an hour.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User