South Lake firefighters douse shake roof blaze, $20,000 in damage reported | TahoeDailyTribune.com

South Lake firefighters douse shake roof blaze, $20,000 in damage reported

A roof fire at the 900 block of Lake Road in South Lake Tahoe was extinguished Sunday, at around 4:30 p.m., reports Brad Piazzo, division chief, in an e-mail this morning.

Firefighters responding found a 10-foot by 10-foot area of wood shakes burning on a two story home and quickly extinguished the fire using the deck monitor on a fire truck, Piazzo said.

The cause of the fire was an ember that came out of the top of the flue and landed on the wood shakes. The amount of damage was about $20,000, Piazzo said.

A similar blaze happened on Kingsbury Grade on March 20 when embers inside a wood stove at a Bigler Circle home went into the chimney and caused damage to the roof after the shake shingles ignited.

No injuries were reported in the fire.


Support Local Journalism

Your support means a better informed community. Donate today.


News


See more