Zephyr Cove Tennis Club set for summer
ZEPHYR COVE — It’s going to be a busy summer at Zephyr Cove Tennis Club, with more events added to the calendar and plans to improve the six public courts.
Volunteers have cleared the courts of snow and ice. With Mother Nature’s cooperation, they’ll remain playable for at least six months. The only time they are scheduled to be off-limits is for resurfacing of courts 1 and 2, patch work on the other four, and during events.
Mark your calendar for these events:
• May 25, noon: Viva La Tennis, season opener mixer. Partners will be assigned that day.
• June 8, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Free clinic for kids ages 4-12. Membership not required.
• June 22, all day: Sierra Junior Tennis Association singles tournament.
• July 13, 9 a.m.: Breakfast at Wimbledon mixer; partners will be assigned that day.
• July 25-28: Tahoe Tennis Classic, adult doubles tournament open to everyone.
• Aug. 31-Sept. 2: Club Championship; members only doubles tournament.
• Sept. 23, 11 a.m.: Sundae Monday, season closer mixer.
The July and September mixers cost $10 for members, $15 for non-members, and $10 for spectators. Barbecue lunch is provided at the May event, breakfast in July and dessert in September.
Membership is $90 for the season, April through October. Membership includes unlimited play, the ability to reserve a court up to seven days in advance, not having to pay for opening day or closing day fun, and admission into the club tournament.
Non-members may play during the off-season for free or for $10 for each two-hour slot now through October.
For information about membership or events, go online: https://www.zctennis.com/.
Zephyr Cove Tennis Club Foundation is the nonprofit that operates and maintains the six lighted courts on Warrior Way off Highway 50 under a multiyear contract with Douglas County.