49ers, Olympians coming to Resort at Squaw Creek
March 28, 2003
Olympians and past and present San Francisco 49er players, coaches and management combine forces for the 49ers Foundation’s third annual Celebrity Ski Classic today through Sunday at the Resort at Squaw Creek.
Phil and Steve Mahre highlight a long list of current and former Olympic
skiers who will be competing in the ski race. Other Olympians include Franz
Weber, Bonnie Blair, Debbie Armstrong, Daron Rahlves, Tamara McKinney, Brian Ivie (volleyball), Stacey Dragila and Marco Sullivan. They will race at 11 a.m. Saturday on a run adjacent to Squaw Valley Resort. Former 49ers John Frank and Randy Cross are a couple of past players who plan to compete.
San Francisco 49ers’ head coach Dennis Erickson, defensive coordinator Jim Mora, offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, associate head coach Greg McMackin, cornerbacks coach Al Simmons and secondary coach Brett Maxie will join several current 49ers players, including Jeff Garcia and Bryant Young, at the three-day event.
Former 49ers Super Bowl champions Eric Wright (1981, 84, 88, 89), Cross (1981, 84, 88), Keena Turner (1981, 84, 88, 89), Guy McIntyre (1984,
Recommended Stories For You
88, 89) and Frank (1984, 88) are a few of the alumni players that will
represent the 49ers in the competition. Gary Plummer, Jesse Sapolu and Bill Ring.
There will be a reception and silent auction on Friday night and a dinner and live auction on Saturday night.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- Incline’s baseball magic runs out in playoffs
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Big mudslide blocks US 395 near Nevada-California state line (updated)