Big day at the plate for ex-STHS player
March 8, 2006
Former South Tahoe High softball player Jill Barna enjoyed a day at the plate Tuesday that she won’t soon forget.
The Northwest Nazarene University senior catcher belted a home run in both ends of a doubleheader sweep against Eastern Oregon in Nampa, Idaho.
Barna was 2 for 4 with a double and three-run homer in the Crusaders’ 14-6 opening-game victory. She also hit a solo home run in NNU’s 10-2 second-game win.
“Jill broke out today,” NNU manager Julie Coert told the school’s sports information department. “She struggled last weekend (at the Red Lion CWU Invitational), so this was great day for her to gain some confidence.”
The doubleheader sweep enabled the Crusaders to even their season win-loss record at 7-7.
Trending In: Sports
- Sierra-at-Tahoe 2018-19 season passes available for purchase
- Frys scoring in bunches, helps Tahoe Icemen earn 1st round playoff bye
- Moretti, Costley become 3rd, 4th Viking football players to sign with colleges
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort kicks off early bird 2018-19 season pass sale
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe