Big day at the plate for ex-STHS player
March 8, 2006
Former South Tahoe High softball player Jill Barna enjoyed a day at the plate Tuesday that she won’t soon forget.
The Northwest Nazarene University senior catcher belted a home run in both ends of a doubleheader sweep against Eastern Oregon in Nampa, Idaho.
Barna was 2 for 4 with a double and three-run homer in the Crusaders’ 14-6 opening-game victory. She also hit a solo home run in NNU’s 10-2 second-game win.
“Jill broke out today,” NNU manager Julie Coert told the school’s sports information department. “She struggled last weekend (at the Red Lion CWU Invitational), so this was great day for her to gain some confidence.”
The doubleheader sweep enabled the Crusaders to even their season win-loss record at 7-7.
Trending In: Sports
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations