‘Big Mac’ player of week
November 15, 2005
RENO (AP) – Fresno State defensive end Garrett McIntyre, a senior from South Lake Tahoe, was named the WAC’s defensive player of the week. He had four tackles, including two quarterback sacks, in a 27-7 win over Boise State.
Nevada running back B.J. Mitchell, who ran for 193 yards and two touchdowns in Nevada’s 48-24 win at New Mexico State, was named the Western Athletic Conference’s offensive player of the week.
Mitchell, a senior from Loomis, Calif., averaged 5.7 yards on 34 carries. It was the fifth time this season he has rushed for 100 yards or more.
Hawaii kicker Dan Kelly, who had two field goals and six extra points in a 50-23 win over Utah State, was named the special teams player of the week.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- Vikings baseball off to hot start, sweeps North Valleys
- Incline star Redfern sweeps MVP awards, freshman Stranzl earns top honors
- Champion Highlanders clean up with state, league basketball awards
- South Tahoe’s Griffis signs to play football for Presentation College
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Rain, snow expected at Lake Tahoe today; more storms in forecast
- Lime plans to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer with e-scooters; company ditching bikes
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results