‘Big Mac’ player of week
November 15, 2005
RENO (AP) – Fresno State defensive end Garrett McIntyre, a senior from South Lake Tahoe, was named the WAC’s defensive player of the week. He had four tackles, including two quarterback sacks, in a 27-7 win over Boise State.
Nevada running back B.J. Mitchell, who ran for 193 yards and two touchdowns in Nevada’s 48-24 win at New Mexico State, was named the Western Athletic Conference’s offensive player of the week.
Mitchell, a senior from Loomis, Calif., averaged 5.7 yards on 34 carries. It was the fifth time this season he has rushed for 100 yards or more.
Hawaii kicker Dan Kelly, who had two field goals and six extra points in a 50-23 win over Utah State, was named the special teams player of the week.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax