Big week at plate for STHS grad Barna
March 27, 2006
Tribune and NNU reports
Softball player Jill Barna needs to get her parents season tickets.
Barna raised her batting average 80 points last week as mom and dad took in much of her action for Northwest Nazarene University in Nampa, Idaho.
Barna, a senior catcher, also smashed her third home run of the season during a six-game set with Central Washington. She was 2 for 3 with an RBI in an 11-5 victory over Central Washington on Saturday.
During a doubleheader split with Central Washington on Friday, Barna collected an RBI in a 3-2 victory and two hits and two RBIs in an 11-8 defeat.
In Thursday’s doubleheader, Barna was 1 for 2 with an RBI in 7-1 loss and 1-4 with solo homer in 13-4 defeat.
Recommended Stories For You
Going into a game with Albertson College on Wednesday, Barna was hitting .220 and was third on the team with 15 RBIs. The Crusaders are scheduled to play Oregon Tech in a twin bill today.
Trending In: Sports
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations