Booster golf tournament set
April 17, 2014
The booster clubs from South Tahoe and Whittell high school will hold their annual golf tournament to raise money.
The scramble format is held at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course on May 3-4.
Last year, the funds raised, along with the sales booster passes, were enough for the South Tahoe Boosters to donate $15,000 to the school's athletic programs. The booster passes gain entrance to all home events.
The money donated to South Tahoe athletics pays for letters, certificates, patches and scholarships.
Whittell used the money earned toward all school activities including athletics, band trips, teacher enrichment and academic teams.
The cost of the tournament is $125 for one day or $225 for both days. Currently, Saturday has been sold out, but there is openings on Sunday, May 4. Any questions can be directed to tournament director Kevin Kjer at 775-588-6354 or KJKjer@aol.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Sierra-at-Tahoe 2018-19 season passes available for purchase
- Frys scoring in bunches, helps Tahoe Icemen earn 1st round playoff bye
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort kicks off early bird 2018-19 season pass sale
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- First person to swim length of Lake Tahoe reflects back on 1955 feat
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible