Booster golf tournament set
April 17, 2014
The booster clubs from South Tahoe and Whittell high school will hold their annual golf tournament to raise money.
The scramble format is held at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course on May 3-4.
Last year, the funds raised, along with the sales booster passes, were enough for the South Tahoe Boosters to donate $15,000 to the school's athletic programs. The booster passes gain entrance to all home events.
The money donated to South Tahoe athletics pays for letters, certificates, patches and scholarships.
Whittell used the money earned toward all school activities including athletics, band trips, teacher enrichment and academic teams.
The cost of the tournament is $125 for one day or $225 for both days. Currently, Saturday has been sold out, but there is openings on Sunday, May 4. Any questions can be directed to tournament director Kevin Kjer at 775-588-6354 or KJKjer@aol.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Lady Vikings soccer crushing league opponents
- South Tahoe boys’ soccer latest to fall against 3A newcomer North Valleys
- Preps roundup: Viking volleyers win 2 of 3; Buchholz sets personal best
- Incline netters cruise to 3 league wins, stay unbeaten
- Whittell gridders excited for home game, field dedication
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)