Bruso pitches eight scoreless innings
August 18, 2004
It took longer than expected, but Greg Bruso picked up his first minor league pitching victory of the season Tuesday night.
Bruso, a 1999 South Tahoe High grad, pitched eight scoreless innings in High Desert’s 12-1 California League romp over Lake Elsinore.
The right-hander scattered seven hits, fanned four and walked none. Bruso (1-5) escaped a two-out first- and second-base jam in the second and a two-out second-and-third situation in the fourth.
The 2004 season has been trying for Bruso after missing several months while rehabilitating a shoulder injury. After advancing to the Double-A level last year in his first full season in the minors, Bruso was sent down to Single-A High Desert to start his season.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ soccer latest to fall against 3A newcomer North Valleys
- Lady Vikings soccer crushing league opponents
- Whittell gridders excited for home game, field dedication
- South Tahoe football stays positive, hosts Fallon Friday night
- Preps roundup: Viking volleyers win 2 of 3; Buchholz sets personal best
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive