Bruso strikes out season-high nine
August 17, 2004
Former South Tahoe High pitcher Greg Bruso shut out Modesto for the first three innings but ran into trouble in the fourth and sixth innings of his 6-4 California League baseball loss to Modesto last Thursday.
Bruso (0-5) gave up seven hits and five earned runs as last-place High Desert’s late-comeback bid fell short. He, however, did record a season-high nine strikeouts and only one walk.
A two-out throwing error led to Modesto’s second of two runs in the fourth inning. With the score tied at 2 in the sixth, Bruso looked like he would sail through the inning, retiring two of the first three hitters he faced.
But two singles, a walk and a fielding error by an outfielder chased Bruso. Reliever Mark Hamilton was greeted with a two-run double to complete Modesto’s scoring.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm warning, flood watch take effect Wednesday