Bruso strikes out season-high nine
August 17, 2004
Former South Tahoe High pitcher Greg Bruso shut out Modesto for the first three innings but ran into trouble in the fourth and sixth innings of his 6-4 California League baseball loss to Modesto last Thursday.
Bruso (0-5) gave up seven hits and five earned runs as last-place High Desert’s late-comeback bid fell short. He, however, did record a season-high nine strikeouts and only one walk.
A two-out throwing error led to Modesto’s second of two runs in the fourth inning. With the score tied at 2 in the sixth, Bruso looked like he would sail through the inning, retiring two of the first three hitters he faced.
But two singles, a walk and a fielding error by an outfielder chased Bruso. Reliever Mark Hamilton was greeted with a two-run double to complete Modesto’s scoring.
Trending In: Sports
- Vikings baseball off to hot start, sweeps North Valleys
- South Tahoe’s Griffis signs to play football for Presentation College
- State Champs! Incline Village prevails over The Meadows School in Las Vegas
- South Tahoe baseball starts strong, eyes another run at state title
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached
- Mountain Housing Council releases report on short-term rentals in North Lake Tahoe, Truckee
- Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at Lake Tahoe