Bruso wins third game
May 22, 2003
Right-hander Greg Bruso knew what to do with an early 5-1 lead against California League leader Bakersfield on Tuesday night in San Jose.
The South Tahoe High graduate spread out seven Bakersfield hits en route to his third victory as the Giants won 6-4.
Bakersfield scored single runs in the second, third and sixth innings. Two of the three runs were earned. Bruso struck out six and walked two in six innings.
Bruso (3-4) dropped into a fourth-place tie in the chase for the California League earned run average title. Bruso has a 2.88 ERA, allowing 16 earned runs in 50 innings.
Micah Holst homered during the Giants’ five-run second inning.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- Incline’s baseball magic runs out in playoffs
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Big mudslide blocks US 395 near Nevada-California state line