Bruso works out of bullpen
August 2, 2005
Greg Bruso returned to Gary’s starting rotation last Friday and dropped his sixth decision of his Northern League season.
Bruso (2-6) spent three weeks in the Railcats’ bullpen prior to his two and one-third inning starting role in a 7-2 loss to Schaumburg, Ill. He gave up seven hits and five earned runs.
During July, Bruso made five relief appearances – mostly in long relief. However, he did serve as a setup man, working a scoreless eighth inning in 2-1 victory over Kansas City on July 9.
Bruso made two other scoreless relief appearances. On July 24, his 1 2/3 shutout innings helped Gary rally from a 7-1 deficit against Lincoln. Gary scored four runs in both the fifth and sixth innings to come back for a 9-7 triumph. Bruso also pitched one-hit ball over two innings in Gary’s 3-0 defeat to Lincoln on July 22.
His worst relief performance came during Gary’s 8-7 defeat to Edmonton on July 12, when he surrendered four hits and three earned runs.
Recommended Stories For You
Bruso, who began the season in the Railcats’ rotation, lost his starting role after giving up nine hits and six earned runs in a 6-2 setback to Fargo-Moorhead on July 4. He did strike out seven in that defeat.
The Railcats raised their second-half record to 10-7 on Tuesday night with a 6-3 victory over the Kansas City T-Bones. Gary entered the game one game behind first-place Lincoln in the South Division.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe