Cabral to be honored by Sierra-at-Tahoe
March 4, 2003
Travis Cabral, Sierra-at-Tahoe’s top bumper who took the men’s moguls series title in World Cup freestyle racing this season, will be honored at an awards ceremony on Saturday in the Sierra Pub.
The event is open to the public and will begin around 4 p.m.
Sierra’s spokeswoman, Nicole Belt, said the event will feature live music, drink specials and a chance to meet Cabral in person.
“He’s going to have some posters and sign autographs,” Belt said. “This is to celebrate Travis’s number one overall ranking in the World Cup moguls championships. He is the youngest freestyle moguls champ in history and the first person from South Lake Tahoe to do that well in the World Cup.”
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- Incline tracksters to be well-represented in Carson City
- Tips for a safe and fun kayaking trip on Lake Tahoe
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Amgen Tour of California road closure information for Lake Tahoe
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Council: More feedback needed before changes to South Lake Tahoe food truck regs