Carson City PDL team to hold tryouts Feb. 8 at Carson High
February 7, 2003
The Nevada Wonders of the Premier Development League (PDL) will hold tryouts on Saturday at Carson High. The tryout will start at noon and could last until 5 p.m. The tryout will now be held at the main soccer field in the back of the school and not the front soccer field, where it had orginally been scheduled. High school officials decided to switch the tryouts to the main field, according to general manager Randy Roser.
The Nevada Wonders announced their 2003 schedule on Monday. They will open the season against the Fresno Fuego on April 20 in Fresno, Calif. The Wonders’ first four games are on the road before their home opener on May 10 against the Southern California Seahorses at 7:30 p.m. at Carson High.
This will the first season in the PDL for the Carson City-based club, which will be a member of the Southwest Division of the Western Conference. PDL teams must have a minimum of three U-19 players on their 26-man roster and can also have five international players and eight players over 23-years-old.
PDL is a semi-pro league which serves as the lowest level of the United Soccer Leagues (USL). Major League Soccer (MLS) is the USL’s highest level, followed by the A-League and the Pro Select League (formerly the D-3 Pro League).
For more information, please contact team officials at email@example.com or call the team office at 884-9999. Team officials have indicated there won’t be another tryout.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships
- Susie Lake: 8 miles of bliss in Desolation Wilderness
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay