Conard no-hits Dayton, South Tahoe softball wins 13-1
April 2, 2015
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE — Kendra Conard delivered a first in her South Tahoe softball career on Tuesday. The sophomore no-hit visiting Dayton, striking out 11 as the Vikings rolled to a 13-1 win on their home field.
Conard had 11 strikeouts and no walks in the no-hitter — Dayton's lone run was unearned. She also hit her sixth home run of the season, and finished the game 2-for-4 with a double, home run, three RBIs and two runs.
In the win, South Tahoe (3-7 I-A Northern) scored 13 unanswered runs after falling behind 1-0 in the top of the third. The Vikings responded with three runs in the bottom of the third and added 10 more in the fourth to turn the game into a rout — Dayton (0-10) ended a seven-game scoreless streak in the loss.
The Vikings had 13 hits in Tuesday's win — including five players with two hits apiece. Sativa Chambers finished 2-for-3 with three RBIs and two runs, while Nina Barnhart went 2-for-3 with an RBI and two runs — Brooke Erdody and Sam Kallas each were 2-for-3 with an RBI and a run.
South Tahoe returns to action Friday, when it begins a three-game series at Lowry (11-2, 8-1). First pitch for Friday's series opener is scheduled for 3 p.m. — Saturday's doubleheader starts at 11 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- Incline tracksters to be well-represented in Carson City
- Tips for a safe and fun kayaking trip on Lake Tahoe
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Amgen Tour of California road closure information for Lake Tahoe
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Council: More feedback needed before changes to South Lake Tahoe food truck regs