Lake Tahoe Coyote women net 8th straight shutout, blast Lassen
October 25, 2017
Zareli Villa and Madison Escolar both scored two goals, while Graciela Palencia and Melanie Ara both had a goal and an assist Friday as the Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team remained undefeated in the Golden Valley Conference with an 8-0 home win over Lassen College.
The Coyotes (11-2-3, 7-0 GVC) still have not surrendered a goal in GVC play while scoring 51 times. They're beating their opponents on average 7-0 and have won by shutout eight straight times.
Kenya Maltase and Jazmine Corvalan each had two assists for the Lady Coyotes, who didn't allow a shot on goal and recorded their 12th shutout of the season. Santa Rosa products Araceli Romero and Jenny Camacho rounded out the scoring against the Cougars, who have won the past two GVC titles.
Lake Tahoe (11-2-3 overall, 7-0 conference), ranked No. 11 nationally in last week's poll, moved up one spot to No. 10 in the poll that was released Tuesday morning. The Lady Coyotes traveled to play second-place Butte on Tuesday, Oct. 24, in Oroville. They play their final regular season home game at 7 p.m. Friday against Siskiyous.
Trending In: Sports
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- Incline volleyers rally falls short in state championships
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz crushes field at state cross country meet, defends title
- Hundreds watch Lake Tahoe Community College women tie Sierra in battle of unbeaten teams (video)
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Election update: Measure T still passing in South Lake Tahoe but margin shrinks
- MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival (updated)
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
- Reno-Tahoe out of running to host 2030 Winter Olympic Games