Lake Tahoe Coyote women net 8th straight shutout, blast Lassen
October 25, 2017
Zareli Villa and Madison Escolar both scored two goals, while Graciela Palencia and Melanie Ara both had a goal and an assist Friday as the Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team remained undefeated in the Golden Valley Conference with an 8-0 home win over Lassen College.
The Coyotes (11-2-3, 7-0 GVC) still have not surrendered a goal in GVC play while scoring 51 times. They're beating their opponents on average 7-0 and have won by shutout eight straight times.
Kenya Maltase and Jazmine Corvalan each had two assists for the Lady Coyotes, who didn't allow a shot on goal and recorded their 12th shutout of the season. Santa Rosa products Araceli Romero and Jenny Camacho rounded out the scoring against the Cougars, who have won the past two GVC titles.
Lake Tahoe (11-2-3 overall, 7-0 conference), ranked No. 11 nationally in last week's poll, moved up one spot to No. 10 in the poll that was released Tuesday morning. The Lady Coyotes traveled to play second-place Butte on Tuesday, Oct. 24, in Oroville. They play their final regular season home game at 7 p.m. Friday against Siskiyous.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe Tribune review: Lime scooters fun, sometimes scary, to ride
- Steph Curry returning to Lake Tahoe for American Century Championship celebrity golf
- Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz excited for US Senior Open, celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe
- Icemen star Frys commits to college on East Coast
- 22nd annual CUFA tournament features 175 teams on Lake Tahoe South Shore
- Lime electric scooters pose challenges for South Lake Tahoe law enforcement
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Lake Tahoe elected officials fight for return of Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA
- Guest column: A VHR owner’s perspective on what is happening in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)