Lake Tahoe Coyote women net 8th straight shutout, blast Lassen
October 25, 2017
Zareli Villa and Madison Escolar both scored two goals, while Graciela Palencia and Melanie Ara both had a goal and an assist Friday as the Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team remained undefeated in the Golden Valley Conference with an 8-0 home win over Lassen College.
The Coyotes (11-2-3, 7-0 GVC) still have not surrendered a goal in GVC play while scoring 51 times. They're beating their opponents on average 7-0 and have won by shutout eight straight times.
Kenya Maltase and Jazmine Corvalan each had two assists for the Lady Coyotes, who didn't allow a shot on goal and recorded their 12th shutout of the season. Santa Rosa products Araceli Romero and Jenny Camacho rounded out the scoring against the Cougars, who have won the past two GVC titles.
Lake Tahoe (11-2-3 overall, 7-0 conference), ranked No. 11 nationally in last week's poll, moved up one spot to No. 10 in the poll that was released Tuesday morning. The Lady Coyotes traveled to play second-place Butte on Tuesday, Oct. 24, in Oroville. They play their final regular season home game at 7 p.m. Friday against Siskiyous.
Trending In: Sports
- Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for 1st timers starting this weekend
- South Tahoe boys’ basketball rolls past rival Truckee
- ST, Whittell, Incline battle conditions, have mixed results at ski meet
- Diamond Peak skiers nearly sweep U19 podium in Far West series
- Preps roundup: Wade helps rally Warriors; Vikings boys lose pair
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Cannabis oil extraction lab causes fire, explosions at South Lake Tahoe home
- Opening of Renoagogo brings chain store goods to North Lake Tahoe
- Trash building up at popular Lake Tahoe sledding site