Lake Tahoe Coyote women net 8th straight shutout, blast Lassen
October 25, 2017
Zareli Villa and Madison Escolar both scored two goals, while Graciela Palencia and Melanie Ara both had a goal and an assist Friday as the Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team remained undefeated in the Golden Valley Conference with an 8-0 home win over Lassen College.
The Coyotes (11-2-3, 7-0 GVC) still have not surrendered a goal in GVC play while scoring 51 times. They're beating their opponents on average 7-0 and have won by shutout eight straight times.
Kenya Maltase and Jazmine Corvalan each had two assists for the Lady Coyotes, who didn't allow a shot on goal and recorded their 12th shutout of the season. Santa Rosa products Araceli Romero and Jenny Camacho rounded out the scoring against the Cougars, who have won the past two GVC titles.
Lake Tahoe (11-2-3 overall, 7-0 conference), ranked No. 11 nationally in last week's poll, moved up one spot to No. 10 in the poll that was released Tuesday morning. The Lady Coyotes traveled to play second-place Butte on Tuesday, Oct. 24, in Oroville. They play their final regular season home game at 7 p.m. Friday against Siskiyous.
Trending In: Sports
- Legendary climber Jim Bridwell dies at 73
- South Tahoe boys hoops season ends with overtime loss
- Sierra-at-Tahoe race results
- Highlander’s Wallner signs letter to attend, play soccer for Vassar College
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson claims gold in South Korea, wins 2018 Winter Games slopestyle test event