Lake Tahoe Coyote women net 8th straight shutout, blast Lassen
October 25, 2017
Zareli Villa and Madison Escolar both scored two goals, while Graciela Palencia and Melanie Ara both had a goal and an assist Friday as the Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team remained undefeated in the Golden Valley Conference with an 8-0 home win over Lassen College.
The Coyotes (11-2-3, 7-0 GVC) still have not surrendered a goal in GVC play while scoring 51 times. They're beating their opponents on average 7-0 and have won by shutout eight straight times.
Kenya Maltase and Jazmine Corvalan each had two assists for the Lady Coyotes, who didn't allow a shot on goal and recorded their 12th shutout of the season. Santa Rosa products Araceli Romero and Jenny Camacho rounded out the scoring against the Cougars, who have won the past two GVC titles.
Lake Tahoe (11-2-3 overall, 7-0 conference), ranked No. 11 nationally in last week's poll, moved up one spot to No. 10 in the poll that was released Tuesday morning. The Lady Coyotes traveled to play second-place Butte on Tuesday, Oct. 24, in Oroville. They play their final regular season home game at 7 p.m. Friday against Siskiyous.
Trending In: Sports
- Lady Vikings golfers set personal bests, earn highest finish in years
- Incline football gives strong effort, but overrun by Pershing County
- No. 3-ranked LTCC girls soccer finishes preseason unbeaten, opens league play today
- Incline netters cruise to 3 league wins, stay unbeaten
- Lady Vikings soccer crushing league opponents
- DA: Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director pleads guilty to embezzlement (updated)
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Douglas County conducts online survey on vacation home rentals
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Incline Flume Trail at Lake Tahoe nears completion