CUFA draws thousands to Lake Tahoe South Shore
June 20, 2018
It was a big weekend for soccer in the Tahoe Basin, and also around the world.
The 22nd annual Come Up For Air tournament, hosted by the South Tahoe Futbol Club, drew 175 teams from all over Northern California, Nevada and as far away as Idaho Saturday and Sunday, June 16-17, and thousands of visitors to South Lake Tahoe, while millions of other eyes were watching the professionals compete in the 2018 World Cup.
The CUFA tournament was spread across 18 fields on the South Shore and featured kids ages 8-19 competing in respective age divisions.
Lake Tahoe Community College hosted a lot of action with four games being played at the same time throughout the two-day event.
Trending In: Sports
- Vikings baseball off to hot start, sweeps North Valleys
- Incline star Redfern sweeps MVP awards, freshman Stranzl earns top honors
- Champion Highlanders clean up with state, league basketball awards
- South Tahoe’s Griffis signs to play football for Presentation College
- South Lake Tahoe’s Nikki Cruz main feature Saturday at WFC 100 at MontBleu Resort Casino and Spa
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Lime plans to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer with e-scooters; company ditching bikes
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results
- Rain, snow expected at Lake Tahoe today; more storms in forecast