CUFA draws thousands to Lake Tahoe South Shore
June 20, 2018
It was a big weekend for soccer in the Tahoe Basin, and also around the world.
The 22nd annual Come Up For Air tournament, hosted by the South Tahoe Futbol Club, drew 175 teams from all over Northern California, Nevada and as far away as Idaho Saturday and Sunday, June 16-17, and thousands of visitors to South Lake Tahoe, while millions of other eyes were watching the professionals compete in the 2018 World Cup.
The CUFA tournament was spread across 18 fields on the South Shore and featured kids ages 8-19 competing in respective age divisions.
Lake Tahoe Community College hosted a lot of action with four games being played at the same time throughout the two-day event.
Trending In: Sports
- Student Athlete of the Month: Naccarato did it all for South Tahoe volleyball
- Student Athlete of the Month: South Tahoe’s Griffis was among top receivers in the state
- Highlander girls top Yerington in league opener for 6th straight win
- Preps roundup: Vikings boys win first 2 league games; Whittell pushes win streak to 9
- Incline Village volleyball stars Racich, Cohn earn top awards
- Winter weather advisory issued for Lake Tahoe
- Memorial services scheduled for Dr. Stephen Bannar
- South Lake Tahoe community mourns the death of Dr. Stephen Bannar
- 6 South Lake Tahoe families searching for homes after unsafe apartment building condemned
- Parents outraged over handling of fire at Sierra House Elementary School