Cycling’s top riders set for Amgen Tour of California next month
April 6, 2018
The men will cover 645 miles over seven stages from Long Beach to Sacramento from May 13 to May 19. The women will have three of the top five teams for their three-day, 187-mile race that starts May 17 in Elk Grove. Both races will be stopping in South Lake Tahoe.
Race owner AEG announced Thursday that Pete Sagan will ride for the BORA-hansgrohe team while Mark Cavendish will go for Team Dimension Data and be joined by Rafal Majka.
Tony Gallopin of AG2R La Mondiale is in the men’s field. So is LottoNL-Jumbo’s Nielson Powless, the race’s best young rider in 2016.
The women feature 2016 champion Megan Guarnier of USA Cycling National Team, Katie Hall of UnitedHealthcare and Kasia Niewiadoma of Canyon/SCRAM.
Trending In: Sports
- Lady Vikings soccer crushing league opponents
- South Tahoe boys’ soccer latest to fall against 3A newcomer North Valleys
- Preps roundup: Viking volleyers win 2 of 3; Buchholz sets personal best
- Incline netters cruise to 3 league wins, stay unbeaten
- Whittell gridders excited for home game, field dedication
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive