Darby Reeder named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
October 31, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO — Former Whittell volleyball standout Darby Reeder was named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week on Monday for her performance during the week of Oct. 20-26. The Oregon State defensive specialist earned the honor along with Offensive Player of the Week Inky Ajanaku and Freshman of the Week Merete Lutz — both from Stanford.
Reeder posted back-to-back 20-plus-dig performances as Oregon State split last weekend, dropping a four-set match to No. 15 Arizona before upsetting No. 18 Arizona State 3-0. The junior posted 30 digs against the Wildcats and 22 versus the Sun Devils, marking the fifth and sixth times this season she has passed the 20-dig mark in a match and giving her a digging average of 7.43 digs per set.
Reeder's 4.37 digs per set this season ranks third in the Pac-12, with her total of 345 digs leading the league. The Beavers, who were winless in conference play last year, have equaled their league-win total from two years ago (four wins) with just less than half the Pac-12 slate still left to be contested.
Stanford and Oregon State face off this Friday on the Beavers' home court. The Beavers will stay home to host California next Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union