Douglas beats Tsunami in home opener
June 30, 2008
Kyle DiGrande and Derek Holmgren both went 2 for 3 – and Kevin Decker had three hits – but their offense wasn’t enough as the Tahoe Tsunami fell to Douglas 13-6 in its home opener on Monday at Todd Fields.
Douglas jumped out to a 6-0 lead in the first inning, then added three more run in the second to gain controlof the game. Tahoe’s Jason Winslow entered the game in the third inning and held Douglas to four runs the rest of the way. Monday’s loss came on the heels of a 14-7 win over Damonte on Saturday.
In that game, Max Delallo recorded 12 strikeouts and gave up one earned run as Tahoe beat what will likely be Damonte High School’s varsity team next season. Decker and Delallo had three hits apiece, and Gary Prescott collected two hits and had three RBI.
Tahoe’s next game at Todd Fields is today at 5 p.m. against the Reno Muckdawgs, widely considered the top team in the summer league. The Tsunami hosts the Devils on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Susie Lake: 8 miles of bliss in Desolation Wilderness
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships