Drum, Sullivan lead Viking golfers in 1st 2 tournaments
March 24, 2018
The South Tahoe Vikings boys' golf team earned second place on Monday, March 12, at Dayton Valley Country Club and the next day earned third place at Fernley Golf course.
Dalton Drum, on his 16th birthday, earned his first ever podium finish by earning second place at Dayton. He shot an 82 to lead his teammates by at least six strokes.
Also for the Vikings, senior Mickey Sullivan carded an 88, freshman Bailey Sommerfield fired a 91 and seniors Connor Molesworth and Cody Pakes shot 93s.
The top four scores got to the team total of 354.
Sullivan led the Vikings the next day at Fernley with a scorching round of 78. Also scoring for South Tahoe were Molesworth (82), Pakes (90) and freshman Marcus Slack (91).
South Tahoe's match on Thursday, March 22, was cancelled due to weather and will be made up April 25.
Recommended Stories For You
The Vikings next match is Tuesday, April 10, at Churchill County in Fallon, Nevada.
Trending In: Sports
- Lady Coyotes advance, receive surprise after drubbing Evergreen Valley
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Coyote men peaking at right time, excited for rematch with Folsom Lake in playoffs
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Freeway from Carson City to Reno to close Nov. 17-18
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Heavenly Mountain Resort opens for the 2018-19 season