Early registration on for Fresh Tracks snowshoe race/walk
February 9, 2018
The Tahoe Mountain Milers Running Club will host the The Eric Nageotte Memorial "Fresh Tracks" 5K Snowshoe Walk and Race at 10 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 25, at Camp Richardson Resort.
Registration by Saturday, Feb. 10, is $25 and includes a winter beanie hat, snowshoe rental if needed, post-race refreshments and continued day use of groomed Camp Richardson trails.
Registration costs $35 the day of the event.
The race is named in honor of Nageotte, a South Lake Tahoe resident who died in a skiing accident in 2004 at a New Zealand ski resort. He was 18.
The beneficiaries of the event are Girls On The Run-Sierras and Metastatic Breast Cancer in honor of club member Rene Gorevin, and local doctor Kelly Shanahan.
Recommended Stories For You
Snowshoes are available to rent on a limited basis.
A barbecue will follow the walk/race featuring sausages, vegetarian chili, fruit, cookies and cocoa.
For more information, call 775-588-2864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday