Fall Ball sign-ups continue today, Wednesday
August 24, 2004
South Tahoe Fall Ball League sign-ups continue today and Wednesday at Todd Fields.
The league is encouraging any player who participated in the 2004 South Tahoe Babe Ruth League or who will be moving up to the league next year to join.
Registration is 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. today and 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday at Todd Fields. The cost is $35 per player. The first game is Sunday at 6 p.m. and games are only played on Sundays.
WHS to host scrimmage
A scrimmage on Saturday will give Whittell High football fans their first glimpse of the Warriors in action at home in two years.
Recommended Stories For You
The Warriors will play host to a 2 to 2 1/2-hour scrimmage with Hawthorne and Silver Stage beginning at noon in Zephyr Cove.
“Everybody is pretty excited around our school right now because football is back,” said WHS coach Dennis Young. “How good we’re going to be, I don’t know. We’re going to be competitive and I expect a lot of good things out of it.”
There will be a spaghetti feed, a football team fund-raiser, following the game. The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children.
Bruso edged by Lancaster
Greg Bruso missed a chance to win his second straight game for the High Desert on Sunday.
The former South Tahoe High pitcher was staked to a 4-1 lead after four innings, but Lancaster rallied for a 9-8 California League baseball victory.
Bruso (1-6) allowed 10 hits and six earned runs in 6 2/3 innings.
He struck out four and like he often has, Bruso didn’t walk a batter.
Lancaster scored twice in each of the fifth, sixth and seventh innings to take 7-4 lead. The Mavericks, who committed four errors, pulled within a run twice by scoring two runs in the seventh and eighth innings.
Trending In: Sports
- Lady Vikings golfers set personal bests, earn highest finish in years
- Incline football gives strong effort, but overrun by Pershing County
- No. 3-ranked LTCC girls soccer finishes preseason unbeaten, opens league play today
- Incline netters cruise to 3 league wins, stay unbeaten
- Lady Vikings soccer crushing league opponents
- DA: Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director pleads guilty to embezzlement (updated)
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Douglas County conducts online survey on vacation home rentals
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Incline Flume Trail at Lake Tahoe nears completion